"This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it." Psalms 118:24

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Missing.....

One turtle:

Big J got this cool turtle for Christmas that lights up stars on the ceiling in her choice of blue, green or orange.  She LOVES the thing!  It has been on EVERY night since she got it and even has gone on a few overnight trips she has had.  The other night, it came up missing.....  Usually, we are always looking for this at bed time:
Taggie!  She has had this since birth and around 1 she could not be separated from it!  Whoa, and once we left it at Grandma's and she had to mail it to us, it was a rough few nights.  She stills love taggie, who actually at this moment is lost, but it is not such a big deal nowadays. 

So, when turtle came up missing, we checked around the house.  I looked under her bed from both sides.  It didn't look good and immediately she said we should pray to God to help us.  Way to go girl!!  This was always my suggestion when taggie came up missing and oh how God loves to answer little children.  We almost always found taggie within 24 hours.  I was a little embarrassed that she thought of this before me but I am so proud that she did.  So she said, "God, please help us find turtle, amen".  Well folks, as SOON as she was done I moved my foot (I was at the end of her bed) and it hit something.  I lifted up the bed skirt and guess what my foot hit??  Not.even.kidding!  Turtle!  And remember, I looked under her bed from both sides (granted her light was dimmed but still......).  I said to her, "Wow, was that amazingly fast that God answered or what?!"  She said, "that was amazingly fast"!  Of course we had to say our Thank you God.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

LOVE THIS!!! YAY GOD :)

M and M Nichols said...

My grandma always taught us to pray to St. Anthony! Cute story! Love that praying was her intial thought!