"This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it." Psalms 118:24

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Our little character

Our little entertainer, Little J, has had a couple good ones.  Yesterday morning as I was trying to get out the door to leave for work, Big J said wait, I have something for you, and she ran back to her bedroom and came back with about 60 cents that she took out of her money cup to give me for being the best mom ever (thanks Big J!).  Little J observed all this and not to be outdone, said, "wait, I have sumting for you" and she ran back towards the bedrooms.  While she was gone I said to Big J, I bet she is going to take your money and give it to me.  We had a little chuckle.  Lo and behold, Little J came running back and said, "dis is for you" and she handed me, yes, coins from Big J's money cup!  Oh my laughter all around!

And today while I was back in our bedroom, Little J came in and was drinking from Big J's water canteen.  And I know of course that she clearly knows it is Big J's.  I said, why are you drinking from Big J's canteen?  Well wasn't it obvious mom?  She said to me, "becuz I am tursty".  Well ok then!  22 months old, I am in big trouble!
And the newest member of the family, no, no referral yet, stayed tuned in September or October for THAT exciting news!  Big J has been bugging us since Abby died to get another cat.  I've vacillated a lot on that, thinking it would be good for our remaining cat but then thinking he couldn't adjust (he is a classic scaredy cat, the girls never get a chance to get too close to him, but he did LOVE snuggling with both Ellie and Abby when they were alive).  So, here is Samantha.......
And of course, Big J is so happy, and thankfully, Paris only gave a small hiss the first night, I think he sees how this can be good for him too!

No comments: